If I got a penny for every time I’ve recommended lemon as a skincare treatment for acne and/or fading scars, I would be a millionaire by now. I always try as much as possible to only recommend products and treatments I have tried myself to my friends family and my readers and if there is one fruit I can vouch for as the ultimate skin care product, it would have to be LEMONS!
Lemons work really well at fading scars as they are naturally acidic and what’s great about them is the fact that they are naturally occurring acids. So when used properly they do no harm to your skin but of course, abusing lemon as a skin care treatment can lead to skin burns because, like I said before, they are acidic. There are many ways to use lemons safely for skin care and before I go into my face mask recipe I’ll just give you a few tips!
(NOTE : all advice if from personal experience and not based on any medical knowledge as I am just a regular person like you. Consult a medical practitioner for professional advice if needed)
1 – Undiluted lemon juice can be used directly on your skin but should be used in moderation , 2-3 times a week MAX. Cut a slice of lemon and rub the fruit surface all over your skin. Leave on for about 15-30mins and rinse off with warm water.
Now to the face mask!…
- (optional) Start off my steaming your face to open up your pores or by using a hot face cloth/towel (Place your face cloth in some hot water, squeeze out the water and then place it on your face!)
- Mix your lemon juice and Honey together in your mixing bowl.
- Smooth on the face mask all over your face avoiding your eyes and lips! Leave on for about 30 minutes
- Rinse off with some warm water and have a final rinse with cold water.
- Pat your face dry and moisturize your skin with your favorite moisturiser – I use L’Avyanna Vitamin C Face Cream! ^_^ .